Miami VA Healthcare System
MOVE! Weight Management Program
The best way to manage your weight is to eat smart and be physically active. MOVE! is a national weight management program that helps Veterans lose weight, keep it off and improve their health. MOVE! focuses on health and wellness through nutrition, physical activity and behavior change.
Features of the Miami VA MOVE! Program
- MOVE! introduction provides nutrition basics
- MOVE! group classes at a VA Clinic
- Cooking demonstrations
- Announcements, general information and individual support via telephone or Secure Messaging
You qualify for MOVE! if you have
- A Body Mass Index (BMI) ≥ 30
- A BMI 25-30 with an obesity-related condition
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Metabolic syndrome
- Sleep apnea
- Or any BMI with a waist circumference of > 40 inches (men) or 35 inches (women)
Typically, the program is offered to Veterans who are overweight or obese with BMI above 30. Compute your BMI using the BMI Calculator.
How to Enroll in the VA MOVE! Program at the Miami VA?
If you are interested in learning more about weight management, talk to your Primary Care team or click here to get the process started.
Want to know more about the VA MOVE! Program?
Where can you find Miami VA MOVE! class times and locations?
All Miami VA MOVE! classes are posted online in the events calendar. Click here to view the Miami VA events calendar.
Bruce W. Carter VA Medical Center
- 305-575-7000 Ext. 7162
Hours of Operation
7 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.