Jobs & Careers
By working for the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the Nation, you’ll have access to a wider range of opportunities and leadership positions at your fingertips.
The Miami VA Career Center is located in room 2D100A (second floor) and is available for applicants Monday through Friday, between 9 - 11 a.m. and 2 - 3 p.m. To view open positions at the Miami VA Healthcare System, visit www.usajobs.gov.
If you need additional information, please contact:
Human Resources Management Service (05)
Miami VA Healthcare System
1201 N.W. 16 St.
Miami, FL 33125
Phone: 305-575-3343 or visit www.vacareers.va.gov
- Competitive Salaries
- Recruitment incentives for mission- critical positions
- 13-26 vacation days per year and 13 sick days per year
- Enjoy 10 paid federal holidays
- Nationwide job transfer opportunities
- Education support, tuition reimbursement & student loan debt reduction
- Numerous Education & Employee Development Opportunities
- Flexible Scheduling
- Transit Subsidy
- A variety of health and life insurance options- VA pays approx. 75% of health care premium & 1/3 of basic life insurance premium
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Flexible Retirement Plan
- Disability Retirement
- Thrift Savings Plan (Government version of a 401K) with Employer Matching
- Employee Assistance Program
- Military Leave and Reinstatement
- Flexible Spending Accounts-Health Care & Dependent Care Health Care
- Seminars/Health Care Screenings
- Liability Protection for Health Care Providers
- Child Care Subsidy for qualifying employees
- Leave Sharing & Family/Medical Leave
- Various Employee Incentives: Superior Performance Awards, Special Contribution Awards, Quality Step Increases and various non- monetary awards and recognition.
A description of employee benefits is available on the US Office of Personnel Management Employment and Benefits website *. Please note that benefits may differ for professional clinical occupations including physicians and registered nurses.
Employee Development Opportunities:
- Employee Incentive Scholarship Program (ESIP)
- Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP)
- Tuition Reimbursement National Nursing Education Initiative (NNEI)
- VA Learning Opportunities Residency (VALOR)
- Student Career Experience Program (SCEP)
- Student Temporary Employment Program (STEP)
- VA High Performance Development Model (HPDM)
- Leadership VA "Leaders of the 21st Century" Employee Development Program
- "Stepping with Pride" Employee Development Program Affiliated with the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine & over 75 academic affiliations/training programs
- VA Learning Online
- VA Knowledge Satellite Broadcast System
- "Lunch & Learn" training VA Learning University
- "Nuts & Bolts" of Supervision Training for Managers
- Numerous Blackboard Training Offerings Covey's "7 Habits for Highly Effective People" Training
VA Job Applications and Forms
Application instructions specific to each job posting can be found at the end of the announcement in the “How to Apply” section. Most positions require you to apply online, while some healthcare positions allow you to merely submit a resume/curriculum vitae to be considered. Each announcement also includes a “Required Documents” section that lists all the forms and documents required to be considered.
VA has several different application forms based on your occupation type. If the job announcement requires a particular application in the “Required Documents” section of the announcement, look in the table below to find the correct form for your occupation, as well as additional required forms.
Responding to a Job Announcement
Be sure to follow the “How to Apply” and “Required Documents” instructions given in the job announcement. They are your primary guide for responding to a posted opening. The vast majority of positions require an online application with the exception of a few healthcare occupations therefore it is important to fully complete the online application process after which you should receive a system-generated confirmation via email.
If you are unable to comply with the application instructions and require assistance or if you have additional questions, you should contact the point of contact in the “Agency contact information” section at the bottom of the announcement.
The documents below are in PDF format. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them. Acrobat Reader software can be downloaded for free.
|Form Number||Form Description|
|Download 10-2850||Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists, and Chiropractors|
|Download 10-2850A||Application for Advanced Practice Nurse, Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, Nurse Practitioner, and Registered Nurse|
|Download 10-2850C||Application for Associated Health Occupations|
|Download 10-2850D||Application for Health Professions Trainees|
|Download OF-306||Declaration for Federal Employment form|
|Download SF 15||Application for 10-point Veterans Preference|
|Instructions for Faxing||The How to Apply section of the job announcement will provide instructions for faxing documents, if it is an accepted method for submitting items for that job announcement.|