Miami VA Healthcare System
Free Tax Preparation for Veterans
The Miami VA Healthcare System is offering free tax preparation services for Veterans and their families at the Bruce W. Carter VA Medical Center, located at 1201 NW 16th St., Miami, FL 33125.
The service is courtesy of the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program, which provides free basic income tax return preparation to qualified individuals. IRS-certified volunteers can inform taxpayers about special tax credits for which they may qualify, such as the Earned Income Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit, and Credit for the Elderly.
Free tax preparation services are available during the following dates and times:
Time: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Location: 2E109 (2nd floor computer lab room)
- Friday, March 31 and Saturday, April 1
- Saturday, April 8
- Friday, April 14 and Saturday, April 15
Veterans seeking assistance must have:
- Photo identification
- Social Security cards for themselves, spouses and dependents
- Wage and Earnings statements (Forms W-2)
- Interest and dividend statements (Forms 1099)
- Copy of last year’s return
- And any other information concerning their income and expenses for 2016
- For joint e-filed return, both spouses must be present to sign required forms
For questions or concerns, please contact Mernie Williams at 305-575-7000, ext. 3140.