Miami VA Healthcare System
2014 Social Media Year in Review
Thanks to the support of many new social media friends on Facebook and Twitter, 2014 has been an incredible year. In 2014 the Miami VA Healthcare System’s social media pages gained 683 new likes and 381 new followers on Facebook and Twitter, respectively. Through liking, sharing and retweeting posts, thousands of Veterans and their families received information on everything from events and job fairs to flu shots, health maintenance, VA health care and more.
You can help us keep the information flowing in 2015 by continuing to like, comment, share, retweet and favorite our Facebook and Twitter posts.
Here is a 2014 recap of the Miami VA’s top 10 most engaging and retweeted posts on Facebook and Twitter.
- May 22 – Pin-Ups for Vets visit to the Bruce W. Carter VA Medical Center
- Nov. 10 – Marine Corps' 239th birthday
- Sept. 30 – Miami VA Telehealth Clinical Technician Vera Rein receives Great Catch Award
- Nov. 7 – Why I Work at VA Veterans Day Video
- June 19 – Marine Corps Veteran Kyle Carpenter receives the Medal of Honor
- Oct. 13 – Navy's 239th birthday
- Dec. 29 – 3rd Annual Veterans and Military Career and Resource Job Fair
- July 20 – 45-year anniversary of Neil Armstrong and Edwin “Buzz” E. Aldrin walking on moon
- Sept. 24 – Veterans & Military Job Fair
- Jun 28 – Marine Corps Veteran Kyle Carpenter’s story
- Dec. 16 – #ExploreVA Facebook Chat
- Dec. 7 – We remember #PearlHarbor
- July 29 – Veterans find new purpose replanting coral reef
- Dec. 30 – 102-year-old Army WWII #Veteran who lost his medals has them replaced
- Sept. 10 – #WorldSuicidePreventionDay
- Oct. 22 – Over-exposure to media coverage of terrorist bombings & shooting sprees can trigger #PTSD symptoms in #Veterans
- Oct. 20 – Veterans Crisis Line: “Talking About it Matters”
- Sept. 19 – #NationalPOWDay
- Dec. 23 – Dealing with holiday blues and stress
- Oct. 7 – Congrats to Army #Veteran Athlete @Noah_Galloway for making the cover of Men’s Health magazine
If you want to join the online conversation and help the Miami VA reach more Veterans and their families through social media, like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter by visiting www.facebook.com/VAMiami and www.twitter.com/MiamiVAMC.