Miami VA Healthcare System
2015 Social Media Year in Review
Throughout the last year, the Miami VA Healthcare System has reached many new people through social media. In 2015, the Miami VA Facebook and Twitter pages gained 730 new likes and 284 followers, respectively. By liking, sharing and retweeting, our social media friends helped reach thousands of Veterans and their families with information on everything from events and job fairs to flu shots, health maintenance, VA health care, news, benefits, Veteran Town Hall Meetings and more.
Do you want to help reach Veterans and their families in 2016? If so, like, comment, share, retweet and favorite the posts and tweets on the Miami VA Facebook and Twitter pages. To like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter, visit www.facebook.com/VAMiami and www.twitter.com/MiamiVAMC. If you don't have a Facebook or Twitter account, you can still register to receive GovDelivery email updates from us by clicking here.
To recap the last year, here is a list of our most popular social media posts in 2015.
- PTSD and Suicide Awareness 2.2 Mile Walk/Run
- The world said goodbye to Lt. Col. Eldridge Williams
- Greggy Lubin’s #ThrowbackThursday Photo
- Dr. Gerry Botko, chief of dental services at the Miami VA, talks about why he enjoys a career caring for America’s Veterans as a VA doctor. #NationalDoctorsDay
- U.S. Marine Corps 240th Birthday