Assignments are varied and change regularly as the need arises. Our active, dedicated Volunteers can be found in virtually every service, program and patient care area. Individuals and groups are welcomed to join us in serving our Nation’s Heroes.
Here is a sample of the types of assignments you might be doing:
- Ambassador/Greeter – Greeting newly admitted patients, attending to their needs; friendly and outgoing personality.
- Clerical/Office Assistant – General office skills needed; organizational skills a plus.
- Patient Escort – Transport wheelchair bound patients to the in-house appointments; friendly, able to push wheelchairs.
- Events Supporter
- Patient Education-General clerical; assist with classes.
- Healthier US Vet Program Aide-Serve as workout buddy; assist with classes.
- Library Aide – General clerical; shelving books.
- Therapy Aide – Assist with set-up of therapy sessions; some clerical.
- Recreation Aide – Clerical; programs assistant; horticulture; cooking; exercise; special events.
- Coffee Cart – Serve our veterans who come for appointments.
For more information on assignments open to you, please call Miami VA Healthcare System, Voluntary Service at 305-575-3140.