Miami VA Healthcare System
- Miami VA Celebrates Doctors Day
- Veterans and staff members at the Miami VA Healthcare System celebrated Doctors Day 2013 with a special photo gallery of personal thank you messages. Photos of Vets notes were posted to their Facebook page.
- Community comes together for Veterans job fair
- South Florida employers and government organizations came together Feb. 21, to host a job fair for local Veterans. Local elected officials, the Department of Labor and VA all worked to organize the event.
- E-Donate Is Simple, Speedy, Safe
- The new E-Donate service allows community members who wish to give back to Veterans a quick, safe way to pledge their support online. You choose the medical center, the amount, and the account.
- Broward County Veteran of the Year
- Congratulations to Joe Motes, Marine Corps Veteran, Miami VA Volunteer and Broward County Veteran of the Year!
- Miami VA using technology to help Veterans
- Recreational therapists in the CLC take advantage of a range of technologies from cassette tapes, MP3 players, video games and touch screen computers to help homebound Veterans experience the world outside the hospital walls.
- Sept. 11 service project helps improve homes for Veterans
- Veterans and other volunteers came together on Sept. 11 to beautify the Keystone Halls transitional living facility where many formerly homeless Veterans are making new lives for themselves.
- I got the music in me
- Boyd Dounveor and Walter Gibbons always knew they had the music in them. What they did not know was how learning a musical instrument would change their lives and help them heal.
- VA hires to expand its mental health team
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Secretary Eric Shinseki often reminds us: as the tide of war recedes we have the opportunity, and the responsibility, to anticipate the needs of returning Veterans. As these newest Veterans return home, we must ensure that they have access to quality mental health care in order to successfully make this transition to civilian life.
- Valor and sacrifice make Memorial Day a special holiday
- For someone who has served in the military, there are two Memorial Days – before military and after military. The before military Memorial Days are spent like most Americans...
- Your Mental Health Is Our Concern
- It takes the strength and courage of a warrior to ask for help - and when you do the Miami VA will be ready to help.
From the Veterans Health Administration