Jobs & Careers
By working for the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the Nation, you’ll have access to a wider range of opportunities and leadership positions at your fingertips.
Our Career Center is located on the 2nd floor room 2D100A, and is available for applicants Monday through Friday, between 9 a.m.-11 a.m. and 2-3 p.m. To view open positions at the Miami VA Healthcare System, visit www.usajobs.gov.
If you need additional information, please contact:
Human Resources Management Service (05)
Miami VA Healthcare System
1201 N.W. 16 Street
Miami, Florida 33125
Phone: 305-575-3155 or visit http://www.vacareers.va.gov/
- Competitive Salaries
- Recruitment incentives for mission- critical positions
- 13-26 vacation days per year and 13 sick days per year
- Enjoy 10 paid federal holidays
- Nationwide job transfer opportunities
- Education support, tuition reimbursement & student loan debt reduction
- Numerous Education & Employee Development Opportunities
- Flexible Scheduling
- Transit Subsidy
- A variety of health and life insurance options- VA pays approx. 75% of health care premium & 1/3 of basic life insurance premium
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Flexible Retirement Plan
- Disability Retirement
- Thrift Savings Plan (Government version of a 401K) with Employer Matching
- Employee Assistance Program
- Military Leave and Reinstatement
- Flexible Spending Accounts-Health Care & Dependent Care Health Care
- Seminars/Health Care Screenings
- Liability Protection for Health Care Providers
- Child Care Subsidy for qualifying employees
- Leave Sharing & Family/Medical Leave
- Various Employee Incentives: Superior Performance Awards, Special Contribution Awards, Quality Step Increases and various non- monetary awards and recognition.
A description of employee benefits is available on the US Office of Personnel Management Employment and Benefits pagehyperlink will open a new browser window. Please note that benefits may differ for professional clinical occupations including physicians and registered nurses.
Employee Development Opportunities:
- Employee Incentive Scholarship Program (ESIP)
- Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP)
- Tuition Reimbursement National Nursing Education Initiative (NNEI)
- VA Learning Opportunities Residency (VALOR)
- Student Career Experience Program (SCEP)
- Student Temporary Employment Program (STEP)
- VA High Performance Development Model (HPDM)
- Leadership VA "Leaders of the 21st Century" Employee Development Program
- "Stepping with Pride" Employee Development Program Affiliated with the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine & over 75 academic affiliations/training programs
- VA Learning Online
- VA Knowledge Satellite Broadcast System
- "Lunch & Learn" training VA Learning University
- "Nuts & Bolts" of Supervision Training for Managers
- Numerous Blackboard Training Offerings Covey's "7 Habits for Highly Effective People" Training
VA Job Applications and Forms
Application instructions specific to each job posting can be found at the end of the announcement. Some positions require you to apply online, while others require that you submit a paper application directly to each VA facility where you desire employment.
VA has several different application forms based on your occupation type. Look in the table below to find the correct application for your occupation, as well as additional required forms.
Responding to a Job Announcement
Be sure to follow the application instructions given in the job announcement. They are your primary guide for responding to a posted opening. Here are additional reminders for submitting an application:
- Please send your signed, completed application and any other required forms to the Organization Contact at the Organization Address, both of which are listed at the end of the job announcement.
- Write the Announcement Number, also listed at the end of the job announcement, on your application.
- Keep a copy of the entire application package for your records.
The documents below are in PDF format. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them. Acrobat Reader software can be downloaded for free.
|Form Number||Form Description|
|Download 10-2850||Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists, and Chiropractors|
|Download 10-2850A||Application for Advanced Practice Nurse, Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, Nurse Practitioner, and Registered Nurse|
|Download 10-2850B||Application for Medical Residents|
|Download 10-2850C||Application for Audiologist, Audiologist — Speech Pathologist, Biomedical Engineer, Blind Rehabilitation Specialist, Certified Registered Respiratory Therapist, Dental Technologist, Diagnostic Radiologic Technician, Dietitian, Expanded-function Dental Auxiliary, Kinesiotherapist, Licensed Practical Nurse, Medical Instrument Technician, Medical Records Administrator, Medical Records Specialist, Medical Records Technician, Medical Technologist, Nuclear Medicine Technologist, Occupational Therapist, Occupational Therapy Assistant, Orthotist-Prosthetist, Pharmacist, Pharmacy Technician, Physical Therapy Assistant, Physical Therapist, Physician Assistant, Psychologist, Prosthetic Representative, Registered Respiratory Therapy Technician, Social Worker, and Therapeutic Radiologic Technologist|
|Download OF-306||Declaration for Federal Employment form|
|Download OPM Form 1203 FX||Qualifications and Availability Form C and Occupational Questionnaire|
|Download SF 15||Application for 10-point Veterans Preference|
|Download US Application
|Use this cover page when faxing application materials for jobs posted by a Delegated Examining Unit, or in other limited cases when instructions indicate a fax will be accepted.|